The ALA is a collaborative project aggregating information from research institutions, state/territory and federal agencies as well as biodiversity interest groups and individuals.
Current contributors include large and small institutions and individuals, including:
- Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
- Online Zoological Collections of Australian Museums (OZCAM)
- Australia’s Virtual Herbarium (AVH)
- Australian Biological Resources Study (ABRS)
- Government departments from all of the Australian states and territories, including
- Northern Territory Department of Land Resource Management (DLRM)
- New South Wales – Office of Environment and Heritage (OEH)
- South Australia – Department for Environment and Water (DEW)
- Birdlife Australia
For a list of current data providers see Atlas of Living Australia data sets.