‘Data mobilisation’ is the process of establishing an automated mechanism for sharing data with the Atlas of Living Australia. Due to the effort involved, it is appropriate for data sets that are frequently updated; and where currency in the ALA is important.
Data mobilisation process overview
- Identify data for sharing with the ALA
- Select a licence (Creative Commons Attribution, Attribution Non-Commercial or CC0)
- Decide on attribution text for your data
- Prepare data for mobilisation
- Map data to export schema
- Develop export scripts
- Validate data and export process
- Export data
Please contact the ALA Data Management team (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to set up an automated data sharing process.
Other mechanisms for sharing data with the ALA
In cases where data sets are not updated frequently, data providers share their data with the ALA by contacting us and arranging to provide a data set through other means; the ALA loads the dataset when received.