Your email address is your username to log into the ALA. If your email address changes, you can update it in the ALA to keep access to your existing sightings and photos. To update your email address:
- From the ALA homepage, click the Log in button in the top right.
- Log in as normal, and then click the My Profile button next to the Sign Out button in the top right.
- Click the Update your profile link under your name.
- Change your email address as required and click the Update account button below.
- Log out and Log in again using the new email address to confirm the change.
If you've manually created an account, and currently log in with an email address and a password, you can still switch to logging in using AAF, Google, Facebook or Twitter. Just change your email address to be the same as it is in your institution or social media account and log in that way. You'll still have the option of logging in with your email address and existing password if you like.
If you've unintentionally created more than one account, get in touch with our support team and we'll be able to assist.